Any business conducting guarding activity to secure a building or site may need trained security staff qualified as security officers who hold an SIA licence.
It is designed for learners who currently hold a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work as a security officer and need to be brought up to date with the new licence linked qualification requirements.
£55.00 + VAT (£66.00)
Please note that payment in full is required at the time of booking in order to reserve/confirm your place. For commercial bookings, please call us on 0333 344 3994.
Course Dates and Bookings (Click here to enquiry about this course).
To complete this qualification learners are expected to undertake approximately 6 hours of learning. The SIA stipulates a minimum of 50 minutes contact time (0.5-days) if self-study is undertaken.
The course consist of TWO units. The contents are outlined below:
• terror threats and the role of the security operative in the event of a threat
• minimising risk to personal safety
• actions to take in relation to global (or critical) incidents/span>
The qualification is assessed via Multiple-choice examinations.
• learners must be aged 18 and over.
• learners must hold a First Aid at Work qualification that meets the requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 (minimum Emergency First Aid at Work) AND has a least 12 months left until expiry.
• learners must have completed the ACT Awareness (ct.highfieldelearning.com) a copy you of your certificate should be brought with you.
• learners must have sufficient reading, writing, speaking and listening language skills before being put forward for training and assessment.