This qualification is typically delivered as a one day programme and aimed at learners already working or preparing to work in industry that is identified within the company’s risk assessment of First Aid.
Topics within this course are regarded by the Health & Safety Executive as being important in maintaining good practice in the safe, prompt and effective treatment of injuries and ill health in the workplace.
All successful students will be issued with an Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate, along with a wallet-sized plastic card detailing their qualification which is valid for a period of 3 years.
£35.00 + VAT (£42.00)
Please note that payment in full is required at the time of booking in order to reserve/confirm your place. For commercial bookings, please call us on 0333 344 3994.
Course Dates and Bookings (Click here to enquiry about this course).
2 hours of eLearning followed by 4 hours in the classroom (practical session and assessment)
The course consist of one unit. The contents are outlined below:
• Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
• Be able to assess an incident
• Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
• Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
• Know how to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
• Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
• Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
• Be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury
The qualification is assessed via on-going oral questioning and practical demonstration.
• The qualification is aimed at learners aged 16+.
• Although no formal qualifications are required to take the course, it is advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
• Leaners must also posses a good understanding of English.