Any business selling alcohol, including small pubs, retailers, large nightclubs, cafés, restaurants, hotels and sports facilities may need trained security staff qualified as door supervisors who hold an SIA licence.
This is designed for learners who currently hold a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work as a door supervisor and need to be brought up to date with with the new licence-linked qualification requirements.
£90.00 + VAT (£108.00)
Please note that payment in full is required at the time of booking in order to reserve/confirm your place. For commercial bookings, please call us on 0333 344 3994.
Course Dates and Bookings (Click here to enquiry about this course).
To complete this qualification learners are expected to undertake approximately 23 hours of learning. The SIA stipulates a minimum of 13 hours and 35 minutes contact time (2-days) if self-study is undertaken.)
The course consist of THREE units. The contents are outlined below:
• terror threats and the role of the security operative in the event of a threat
• use of equipment relevant to a door supervisor
• actions to take in relation to global (or critical) incidents
• physical interventions and the implications of their use
• the risks associated with using physical intervention
• how to reduce the risks associated with physical intervention
The qualification is assessed via Multiple-choice examinations.
• learners must be aged 18 and over.
• learners must hold a First Aid at Work qualification that meets the requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 (minimum Emergency First Aid at Work) AND has a least 12 months left until expiry.
• learners must have completed the ACT Awareness (ct.highfieldelearning.com) a copy you of your certificate should be brought with you.
• learners must have sufficient reading, writing, speaking and listening language skills before being put forward for training and assessment.