Basic Life Support & Automated External Defibrillation – AED Course
Highfield Level 2 Award In Basic Life Support and Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (RQF)
This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to take further training or to develop their knowledge and/or skills in this subject area. It is recommended for first-aiders in the workplace who have access to a defibrillator or is suitable for schoolchildren as recommended by The Resuscitation Council (UK).
This qualification lasts for a period of 3 years, at which point candidates will need to resit the course, however the recommendation is that learners refresh their knowledge annually.
£40.00 + VAT (£48.00)
Please note that payment in full is required at the time of booking in order to reserve/confirm your place. For commercial bookings, please call us on 0333 344 3994.
Course Dates and Bookings
The course consist of one unit. The contents are outlined below:
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally.
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally.
- Know how to safely use an automated external defibrillator.
- Be able to safely use an automated external defibrillator.
This qualification is assessed through practical observation and written/oral questioning through the duration of the course by the tutor.
Learners must practically demonstrate the application of the correct techniques in all the areas indicated within the learning outcomes of the unit.
To register for this qualification, learners are required to meet the following entry requirements:
- There is no specific age restrictions for this qualification. As an approved HABC centre, we are required to assess the suitability of learners, ensuring that they are able to effectively perform CPR prior to registration; and .
- It is also advised that learners have a minimum of level 1 literacy and numeracy.
- Learners must also posses a good understanding of English.