Needles & Sharps Awareness
The course is aimed at those who carry out manual handling at work. It introduces learners to the risks of manual handling and the controls that are available. It is for those employees who are likely to encounter hazards such as discarded needles, syringes and sharps etc.
£40.00 + VAT (£48.00)
Please note that payment in full is required at the time of booking in order to reserve/confirm your place. For commercial bookings, please call us on 0333 344 3994.
Course Dates and Bookings
The course covers the following topics:
- What is a sharp and what can cause a sharp injury
- The risks associated with a sharp injury
- Where you are likely to find sharps
- Blood borne viruses and Tetanus
- Procedures for dealing with sharps
- Initial first aid and further treatment of needle stick and other sharps injury
- Reporting of injury of sharps
Who Should Attend?
All employees who are involved in manual handling that are likely to encounter sharps or needle sticks.
Delegates will receive a awareness certificate on completion of the course which will be valid for 3 years.
Although no formal qualifications are required to take the course, it is advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
Learners must also posses a good understanding of English.